Posted in Dog, Subiaco, Vet

My Buzzing Bee Story

Our lives are never boring. I can always make some excitement for my mum.

As we walked past the Park one summer’s evening, I thought, “I will just duck in for a quick slurp of cold water from that lovely bowl the council put there for me”. Later that evening at home I started to regret my decision. I was feeling woozy and my stomach was churning. Suddenly I threw up! All over mum’s carpet.

Mum cuddled me and asked what was wrong. Before I could tell her another burp gurgled up with the last of my dinner. Mum was very concerned. It was dark and Greg our vet was not at his clinic – what could we do?

Mum drove a long way up the freeway to a foreign suburb where there was another vet. By now, I was feeling clammy and shaky. I could barely open my eyes. My heart was racing. and I was very scared. Mum rushed me into the clinic.

The Vet suspected I had swallowed a bee that was drowning in the water bowl. He gave me a quick sting of antivenom to kill the poison that was now inside me. I had a little rest then I ran back to mum in the waiting room wagging my tail happily.  Mum was very happy to see I was OK.

Swallowing a buzzing bee

Cost Mum lots of fees

So now I always drink out of the tap

then go home to a happy nap!


I’m a puppicino drinking talkative dog blogger who is writing a book. “KoKo’s Tales - a Dog’s Life in Subiaco”

Please add to the fun by leaving a comment, Thanks, KoKo

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.