Tips to Keep Your Dog Cool (courtesy of Wembley Vet Clinic)
- Fresh water and shade are the most important things to provide relief from the heat.
- Have 2 or more water bowls around the house in case one is knocked over.
- Try filling small plastic paddling pools with fresh water. Some dogs love to have a dip in the heat of the day and cool off.
- Fill soft drink bottles with water and freeze them overnight then put it in the dog kennel.
- Dogs will love to lay on them or lick them to keep cool
- Hair cuts can also help to keep you long haired pets cool. shaved to get rid of their thick coats
- Dogs and cats cant sweat through the skin – only the pads on the feet and dogs pant to cool down
- Fill up an ice cream container with water and add a little Vegemite to flavour it. Pop in 1-2 dog treats. Freeze overnight and then give it to your dog in the middle of the day – they love to lick the ice and will help keep them occupied.
Koko cool drink at the beach