My mum Helen will be in the Yarloop/Harvey area on
Friday afternoon the 21st July,
Saturday 22nd July
to take free photos of your pets and animals and to listen to your stories.
All residents whose animals were evacuated, lost, found, injured or passed away are welcome to contribute to this project.
Kids are also welcome as, with your help, I hope to have some fun twists to the blogs.
I’ll also be at the Bowling club event on the Saturday night so please introduce yourself. Please like or comment on this post or email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest. Information forms are at the Community Centre and I will post some to your One stop shop. Regards
Chocolate contains theobromine and caffeine, which in larger amounts is especially dangerous because pets can’t break it down and eliminate it the same way humans can. It can build up to toxic concentrations and cause multi-organ disease and failure if not treated properly.
What symptoms will you see if your doggie mate eats chocolate this Easter?
Symptoms will occur from four to 24 hours after your pet has eaten chocolate and will vary depending on the amount of chocolate (theobromine) your dog has eaten. Dr Lui says, ” theobromine mainly affects the heart, central nervous system, and kidneys. Theobromine is a toxin that links to hyperactivity. Death can occur.”
Symptoms of eating chocolate are:
Muscle tension, incoordination
Increased heart rate
Blood in vomit
KoKo’s personal tale about chocolate
If I eat chocolate, then you need to take me to the vet. The doctor will force charcoal down my throat and make me throw up (just like they did when I ate a blowfish!). They may also give intravenous fluids (a drip), medication to control heart rate, blood pressure and seizure activity.
“I WILL NOT EAT CHOCOLATE” I keep repeating this phrase if I find my Mum Helen’s stash. I do not want to sit on newspaper and be made to throw up. Sadly I know from experience that if I find a special treat I will forget all the vet’s warnings. So I keep reminding myself “I WILL NOT EAT CHOCOLATE.”
Luckily, with prompt intervention and treatment, even in dogs that have eaten large amounts of chocolate, the prognosis for a poisoned dog is usually good. If you thick that your pet has eaten chocolate, contact your nearest Vet urgently for treatment.
Edited from Greencross Vets <email@example.com>
Well, here I am at last, finally putting paws to paper (I mean keyboard!)
My name is KoKo.
I am a famous coffee drinking dog, from Subiaco in Western Australia. My blog allows me to share my adventures, doggie disasters and local community events in Subiaco.
The following dog’s tail (whoops! I mean tale) is about my nearly nine years of living in Subiaco from April 2006 until December 2014. It is only a short history as I am only a little dog.
In my Dog Blog I share tales of fun moments and sad events, stories of my dog friends and of the people who pat me. I talk about the parks I visit, the rangers I meet and the work I do as a responsible Subiaco Resident. I will also excite you with tales of my adventures in this leafy suburb.
You will discover while reading this tale that I am not just any dog, for I am a clever Subiaco dog. I see, smell, hear and think a lot as I walk around streets and lanes near my home. As I cannot write or speak human English I asked my Mum to write down my thoughts for me in words you will understand.My Mum is very clever too and also takes all the photos.
When you see me in the street, I will probably have my nose to the ground. You may wonder what I am doing. I am reading Weemails from my friends! Being a polite dog, I always leave a Weeply on the Weetrees planted for us by the City of Subiaco workers. The workers really do look after us well – they even put Weetrees on roundabouts in case we need to leave an urgent Weemail!