Hi all, Mum and I had a delightful walk in Perth’s beautiful winter sunshine this morning. We started at Leighton Beach then headed north to Mosman Park. As
As usual, many other dogs were having fun too. Mum even had a dip despite the chilly water. She said it was refreshing but I noticed she shivered a bit afterwards.
We warmed up with a coffee from Bib and Tucker, then headed home via the dog food shop to buy me a few more treats!
Woofs from KoKo
KoKo at Leighton Beach having fun
I pestered my Mum Helen to make some “Dog parking Signs” as I was fed up with being tied to a rubbish bin in the stinking heat or pouring rain.
Being anchored under a table was ok but tying me to a chair was not sensible (see my blog on “The Traumatic Chair Chase” https://kokosdogblogdotcom1.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=8932&action=edit). I love her creativity and cleverness in making these signs. Please let me know what you think. Melograno Cafe has purchased one ($35). Lots of dogs have used my sign when they wait near at Andre’s Yogurt Shop.
I love Helen’s creativity and cleverness in making these signs. Please let me know what you think. Melograno Cafe has purchased one ($35). Lots of dogs have used my sign when they wait near at Andre’s Yogurt Shop.
I’d love to have one at the library (where we have to mix with the bicycles) and one near Simon Johnson’s store as there is nowhere to be anchored nearby.
Please let me know what you think and if you know a spot in Subiaco that needs one.
I’ll do anything to taste this yogurt!
No you cannot have my parking spot.
Shall we have a yogurt?
From the maker himself!
My “Dog Parking” Signs Phone 0419969455 for sale
Tasty Frozen Yogurt!
Paws in Subiaco
Hi to all you Subiaco doggies, here is a challenge for you.
here is a challenge for you.
All you have to do is drag your parent to a coffee shop (listed below), look cute and ask them to take a picture.
You will be pleased to know that iI won’t be participating (which will give you all more chance to win!),
as my Mum is a bit technophobic and does not know how to use instagram!!
Mog and Bone are providing a prize which your parent can use to buy a luxury bed or new bowl or maybe some fancy treats.
Good Luck to everyone.
Woofs from KoKo
Ps All entries must be tagged with @SeeSubiaco, #SeeSubiaco and #MogAndBone
Food or drink must be purchased from the participating café/restaurant
Valid at participating businesses only:
The Cat Café Purrth
Oh dear, I feel awful, my tummy is tense with pain, I feel as if I might throw up (again) and I am not my usual bright self.
Mum thinks I ate too much last night. I kept yelling at her to give me more food.
Or maybe I found something at Leighton Beach when she was not looking.
Whatever it was, the short enjoyment I might have felt is in the past. I feel dreadful.
So when Mum took me to my favourite park and I would not even check my Wee-mails, she knew I was not pretending.
After two injections from the vet, including a painkiller, I am still not feeling well. Even peaceful sleep won’t come to me.
I hope that I can write to you tomorrow and tell you all is well.
I am not well
(Certainly, Mum’s wallet is not very well either!)
Woofs from a miserable KoKo
Chocolate contains theobromine and caffeine, which in larger amounts is especially dangerous because pets can’t break it down and eliminate it the same way humans can. It can build up to toxic concentrations and cause multi-organ disease and failure if not treated properly.
What symptoms will you see if your doggie mate eats chocolate this Easter?
Symptoms will occur from four to 24 hours after your pet has eaten chocolate and will vary depending on the amount of chocolate (theobromine) your dog has eaten. Dr Lui says, ” theobromine mainly affects the heart, central nervous system, and kidneys. Theobromine is a toxin that links to hyperactivity. Death can occur.”
Symptoms of eating chocolate are:
- Rapid breathing
- Muscle tension, incoordination
- Increased heart rate
- Blood in vomit
KoKo’s personal tale about chocolate
If I eat chocolate, then you need to take me to the vet. The doctor will force charcoal down my throat and make me throw up (just like they did when I ate a blowfish!). They may also give intravenous fluids (a drip), medication to control heart rate, blood pressure and seizure activity.
“I WILL NOT EAT CHOCOLATE” I keep repeating this phrase if I find my Mum Helen’s stash. I do not want to sit on newspaper and be made to throw up. Sadly I know from experience that if I find a special treat I will forget all the vet’s warnings. So I keep reminding myself “I WILL NOT EAT CHOCOLATE.”
Luckily, with prompt intervention and treatment, even in dogs that have eaten large amounts of chocolate, the prognosis for a poisoned dog is usually good. If you thick that your pet has eaten chocolate, contact your nearest Vet urgently for treatment.
Edited from Greencross Vets <email@example.com>
Time for a yummy sausage sandwich in my park. My Mum spoils me!
I shared some with my doggie mates, then did my tricks for the kids. They all sang Happy Birthday KoKo.
They all sang Happy Birthday KoKo.
I am eleven years old but still sprightly. Woofs to all KoKo